Hello! We are looking for writers to start immediately, writing on a wide range of film topics.
Please read this entire post to learn how to sign up and begin writing.
Write engaging articles about movie news, actors, industry trends, and more.
Previous writing for a website or blog is preferred.
For a little background on CFS, we are a 501(c)(3) non profit dedicated to supporting the film community in Chicago. We host an in-person networking event every Wednesday in Chicago for filmmakers. Many of our volunteer writers go on to write for larger publications in Chicago and beyond – it’s a great place to build a portfolio of work you’re passionate about. You are free to write about any topic in film you see fit. We are the largest filmmaker networking group in Chicago, and our website gets over 400,000 visits per year.
Some ideas and things our writers have focused on in the past are:
– Movie reviews
– Film news
– Think pieces
– Industry trends
– Much more
How To Start
If you are ready to get started, here’s how.
1. Register as a writer on the website here: https://chicagofilmscene.com/writer-registration/
2. Once you register, you’ll be redirected to the Writer Portal, where you can click Add New to begin writing
3. Make sure to familiarize yourself with WordPress if you haven’t used it before.
4. To log in again, simply go to the home page (www.chicagofilmscene.com) and select the Writer Login from the drop down
5. And that’s pretty much it! Your posts may be reviewed, but you are new free to write as a contributor to the Chicago Film Scene website! You can add yourself as a writer on LinkedIn as well by tagging “Chicago Film Scene” as the company when you add it to your LinkedIn resume: Chicago Film Scene LinkedIn Page
Please reach out to me with any questions, have a great week!
To apply for this job please visit chicagofilmscene.com.